Let me first start out by saying these 10 things may or may not be awesome or awkward, just thought it was a fun title. Clearly, today’s post is a little different from my normal Friday posts, but I thought it might be fun to share some weird and quirky things that make up my 5 foot self. I wouldn’t necessarily say this a rendition of Things I’m Afraid To Tell You, but it does go back to keeping it real, like no make-up real. Things aren’t always super glamorous, cute outfits, shopping, and new restaurants. I work A LOT. I eat the same three things for days in a row and spend a lot of time in clothes that should never make it out the door. Sound familiar to anyone else? I guess the whole intention of this post is for you to get a better sense of who I am, the good, the bad, the ugly… or just plain weird. Enjoy!
- I eat my cereal dry and I pick out all the cashews. I like cashews but not in my cereal.
- It’s easy for me to eat vegan but terribly hard to be gluten free. I struggle with this every day. I dream of bread (I have it once in awhile and suffer every time).
- I’m mental about every decision, action, plan, purchase. I overthink everything! It’s annoying and drives my boyfriend crazy.
- I have a very strong sense of smell. Yes, when I meet you I can smell you instantly. I can’t help it.
- I never brush my hair and rarely use hair products. I’m super sensitive to any and all things sticky. But then I get mad at my hair for having no volume. I swear, it’s a constant battle.
- After living and driving in the city for almost 3 years, I still sweat every time I parallel park.
- I make all meals spicy except cereal, desserts, and salads.
- I make a killer popcorn mix. And sometimes I BYOP to the movie theatre (I hide it in my purse).
- I may have a blog and accounts on various social media sites, but in real life, I’m pretty shy. I’m also a huge home body. Do I like to explore the city, hang out with friends, grab dinner, yes. But, at the end of the day, I love being home with my other half, ordering take-out, and watching a movie.
- I’m a complete morning person. I wake up at 6am everyday because I choose to. There’s something very therapeutic about a cup of coffee, a bowl of cereal, and emails early in the morning (aka if you want a quick response, send your emails in the morning). But on the other hand, I can fall asleep at 9pm, easy.
Ok, that’s enough for now. I hope you all have a wonderful weekend, happy Friday!